How we can help

  • Listen to your concerns

  • Offer impartial information, advice and support

  • Offer practical help with writing letters, filling in forms and report writing

  • Attend some meetings with you

  • Explain what the law says

  • Explain what you can expect schools to provide in terms of SEN support

  • Guide you through an Education Health and Care Needs Assessment

  • Put you in contact with voluntary sector support groups

  • The service is confidential; we only contact local authority officers or other practitioners with parents' permission

Times when you might need our help:
  • If your child or young person is struggling in their educational setting and is not making progress

  • When he/she is receiving SEN support or has an Education, Health and Care Plan

  • If you would like your child or young person's special educational needs to be formally assessed

  • If you need help writing your views for the assessment

  • If you would like support at a school or local authority meeting

  • If your child or young person is at risk of exclusion

  • When your child or young person with SEND is transferring from nursery to primary school, from primary school to secondary or from secondary to college


© 2016 by ReadingIASS.